Update Sat. 2/6: FW (w/ jumps), FW Annex, GP Annex, W. Hill, Bay (w/jumps) and Polo arenas are OPEN . All other outdoor arenas are CLOSED.
Cross-Country Course & Exercise Track are CLOSED!
Please remain alert to your surroundings, do not leave valuables visible and notify the office of any unusual activity on Horse Park grounds!
Drought Prevention Measures Being Taken at The Horse Park
On April 1, 2015, California Governor, Jerry Brown, issued an Executive Order for a mandatory reduction of potable water usage by 25 percent, as compared with the usage amount in 2013.
In light of this call to action, and in accordance with our dedication to land stewardship, the Horse Park will be taking the following steps to reduce/conserve our water usage:
- Water will be utilized minimally on driveways. Initiate "Please Excuse Our Dust Campaign."
- Scheduling and limiting the amount of water utilized on arenas.
- Ensuring that all water fixtures are working properly and are not leaking.
- Adding shut-off nozzles to hoses in wash racks and throughout the facility.
- Implementing roof run-off collection method.
- Evaluating automatic waterers to turnout paddocks.
- Limit available arenas during "low traffic" periods/days to reduce water utilized for arena maintenance.
- Install auto watering system in main barn and eliminate water waste.
- Evaluate products and methods used to reduce erosion and lessen dust, including driveways.
- Install holding tank for North Wash Rack run-off.
In addition, the Horse Park is requiring all boarders, members and trainers to join our efforts to conserve water whenever possible. For example:
- Sponge sweaty girth/saddle areas when possible in lieu of giving horse a full rinse.
- Turn hoses off completely when not in use.
- Do not wash cars/trucks/trailers at the Horse Park - go to a dedicated car wash that recycles water.
Be advised, these and other safeguards are no longer voluntary, but a mandatory request.
We thank you in advance for helping us conserve this valuable and now limited resource.
The Horse Park at Woodside
February at The Horse Park
The Horse Park is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to land preservation and equestrian sport. Our land stewardship includes, erosion control and native plant restoration while our equestrian programs encompass all that a premier equestrian facility has to offer: an international level cross country course, state-of-the-art footing, a covered arena, 9 arenas and much more!
We are unique to California and the west coast because we boast 272 beautiful acres, right in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area that is conveniently 2 min from a major highway while seeming to be miles from everywhere.
In an effort to maintain this equine treasure, The Horse Park offers low cost memberships for both horse riding and training as well as for dog walking, but donations to this non-profit are what have made this beautiful park thrive. Everything we achieve, we do so because of generous individuals that share our vision and dedication to providing opportunities for educational, recreational and competitive activities in a variety of equestrian disciplines. We believe that The Horse Park at Woodside provides a balanced platform for the growth and development of youth and adults alike.
Please read The Horse Park at Woodside's Park, Dog and Cross Country Rules. These rules are in place to protect the rider, horse, and the integrity of the cross country course.
The Horse Park at Woodside is committed to:
* Thoughtful stewardship of the land.
* Providing broad access to land appropriate to equestrian use.
* Adding value in the community.
* Other activities compatible with equestrian uses.
Our Service Providers
Our Official Food Provider: Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Open during shows. Catering menus available for any size party. for more information, contact Nicholas Johnson at the Sweet Shop.
Our Official Sanitation Service Provider:
Providing portable sanitation services for construction, events and more.